Monday, July 11, 2011

Ode To The Racist Toothpaste Tube


Green like the moss
under a rotting rock crawling with
insects feeding off
animal feces

Strong like the
lion, who is too stupid to realize
that without our guns we are powerless
and weak

Its white innards remind me
of that orchid,
the one I couldn’t name if my life depended on it,
that is a beautiful weed
heedlessly destroying all in its
path

You want to make my
teeth whiter,
My mouth
shine brighter.

But maybe brown was what I was meant to be.

Genetics have been cruel to me
if you’re not white, you’re
nothing.

But I like my tan
And, toothpaste,

You can not
and will not
take that away from me.

I finish my embrace of the chocolate bar.

3 comments:

  1. Lol I found the image on Google, the poem's not really based on it, but I thought it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you write this or copy and paste it?

    ReplyDelete